Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brent gets song stuck in head over weekend, improves the song by at least tenfold

I came over last (Monday) night to the studio to work on stuff. I originally decided it would be a good idea to lay down as much vocal/guitar base stuff as possible. Brent said he had thought about some ideas for Visit the Zoo, to which I agreed we should work on. So we did. Drums were on the top of the list, realizing after playing them for a while that it was sounding pretty good, I tried to play the backing guitar to the metronome, which was of course, as fustrating as spending six dollars on a 75 cent hamburger at a football game only to have it fall open-faced on the dirty concrete as soon as you sit back down in your seat at the stadium.

So I eventually overcame my inability to keep a steady beat while playing a guitar and singing vaguely into a microphone, and then we jammed out a bit more figuring out the drums. So eventually we'll get back to that, and it will probably turn out pretty great.

No comments: